Tuesday 3 March 2015

I don’t want to marry today and divorce tomorrow - Yvonne Nelson


Yvonne Nelson was on The KSM Show’s couch to
talk about her new movie “If Tomorrow Never
Comes”, John Dumelo having a lot of girlfriends and
her dad not being bold enough to patch his
relationship with her.
On her ban from the Ghana movie industry
governing body:
"Little did they know I will be producing my own
movies years down the line; it really feels amazing
now".
On her recent role in her upcoming movie:
"It’s the most challenging role I have played yet. I
heard about a little boy called Kweku. Suffering
from Cerebral malformation I heard his story from
Lucky Lawson. The mom sold iced water at
Shiashi….. He couldn’t do anything but lie down. We
wrote the story about two years ago but I wasn’t
ready like that. So I started planning last year there
about. I stood up one day and said “hey we have to
do this.” Sadly two weeks after shooting, Kweku
died. I shot so many scenes with him, so it was sad
when I heard he had passed on".
On dating John Dumelo:
"I have been declaring this on social media every
time that John is not my boyfriend. John has a lot of
girlfriends. This year I’m a secondary virgin. I’m
just trying to concentrate on my career. John can’t
change. He is a ladies’ man and he will forever be
John. Plus I don’t want any man in the industry".
On Ghanaian men approaching her:
"Most Ghanaian men are intimidated; most often
when it’s age appropriate; then they think I’m doing
better than them and that I’m going to be bossy and
control them around. Those around my age are
bothered that I’m an independent lady. That has
always been the problem. There were about two
guys who got scared. But I really don’t mind. Middle
of last year, I was trying out something and I wasn’t
convinced so I backed off.
ADVERTISEMENT
It had to do with the man not being matured
enough".
On her dream man:
"The person has to be age appropriate – a five-
year gap is okay. But I don’t want someone too old
because when that happens, you can’t hold a
conversation with such a person. I’m not in a rush;
I don’t want to marry today and divorce tomorrow
because it happens a lot in the industry. Marriage is
a beautiful thing but it has to be right. I don’t want to
let my mom down, I want to make her and myself
happy".
On her relationship with her father:
"I don’t really look out much for my father because
he was not there enough for me. He is still around,
but hasn’t been bold enough to approach me for us
to talk. When I see him we talk but that’s just it. But
he is not part of my life. You can’t buy the love, you
can’t buy the time and it’s been too long. But when
it’s time we will talk, but he is a great guy".
On patching her relationship with her father:
"A man as old as that should take the first step but
then again he may not be ready. Since you want me
to I will call him".
On social media criticism:
"You don’t have to be too defensive; people just
want to talk so you just allow them to talk".
Her pet peeve:
"When people lie to me I lose my cool. I hate lies, I
can’t stand it and it makes me look stupid. If you
have been hurt before, you become smarter as a
woman and you become alert to not let the same
mistake happen again".

No comments:

Post a Comment