Monday 29 December 2014

Yvonne Nelson Reacts To Being labelled A Lesbian


Ghanaian actress, Yvonne Nelson has cleared
the air on being labelled a lesbian.
31,953 people like this. Be the first
of your friends.
Like Share
In a recent interview with Vanguard, the actress
denounces lesbianism:‘Lesbianism is against my
religious beliefs, it’s against my cultural norms
and I think it was very mischievous for people
to insinuate such about someone they hardly
knew. The rumour was started by a notorious
website in Ghana last year when they reported
that they had never seen me with a man. In
their warped and twisted calculation, I was thus
a lesbian. Can you imagine such crass
reasoning?’
‘That they had not seen me with a man, and may
have seen me with my girlfriends going out to
have fun, and then automatically I was a
lesbian. It was a hatchet job – an attempt to
discredit me, but they all failed. I am
heterosexual and would remain one till the end.
When you are in the public light as I have been
blessed and privileged to being, your life
becomes a public property and some
mischievous people will say all manner of things
about you. It comes with the territory, so I
forgive them.’
Yvonne Nelson has been reported to have had
relationships, however brief, with a couple of
popular entertainers including Iyanya, Ice Prince
and Ghanaian actor, John Dumelo who she says
is her best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment