Monday 10 March 2014

I Deserve To Win All My Nominations At VGMA 2014-Guru

Even though last two years Guru had a couple of
hits with “lapaz Toyota” being a major hit
nationwide, his song was not nominated for the
2013 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
This came as a shock to a lot of music lovers in
Ghana, and even to those who don’t really pay
attention to the Ghanaian music industry. The
song was a huge success in both Ghana and on
the international market, which won him the Best
Song of The Year at the City People
Entertainment Awards in Nigeria.
Speaking to Guru up close and personal about his
music and the upcoming Vodafone Ghana Music
Awards 2014, he stated that;
"Last year when I didn’t get nominated or win
any award when it was so obvious I should have
won a couple of awards at the VGMA’s, I did not
insult or disrespect the organizers of the VGMA,
instead I went to the studio with a focused mind
and a hardworking spirit and dropped Boys Abr3,
NkwadaNkwada, let me love you and Amen , which
by God’s grace were all hits nationwide; topping
radio charts across the country and beyond.
"All the songs I dropped last year didn’t have any
line of profanity to suggest I’m informing the
youth or my fans wrongly, but they are rather
entertaining and motivational lyrics that inform
and educate the country and the world at large.
So if Vodafone Ghana Music Awards is really
“Ghana Music Awards,” then the organizers
should factor in the influence of a song
nationwide, not only in Accra or any capital
region, but also in all the villages and in the rest
of the country. Which my song did all over the
country for months, and still reigns."
So for this and the other reasons mentioned
above, I deserve to win all categories I have been
nominated.
Finally, he added; "I really respect the organizers
of the VGMA’s and expect them to do the right
thing by awarding those who clearly deserve the
awards.
Am not sure an artiste has to insults organizers
or any media house before they are noticed or are
awarded what they deserve; and even if it
happened, it is not right because it proves that
the organizers don’t know what they are doing
and also give the awards a bad name. But as I
said earlier, I respect the organizers and believe
they will do the right thing by awarding me what I
have worked for."

No comments:

Post a Comment