Thursday 13 March 2014

Is G-Unit Done For Good? 50 Cent Brushes Off Tony Yayo's Jab

In February, month 50 Cent officially parted
ways with Interscope Records and
announced that he was taking his business
to Capitol Music Group. That included his
G-Unit Records imprint, but it doesn't
sound like there's much left of the crew
that once included Tony Yayo and Lloyd
Banks. On the same day that news of Fif's
deal broke, Tony Yayo took to Instagram
announcing that he was "done with music,"
pointedly adding, "50 ain't rocking with me
and Banks the same layed my life down for
the unit but you live and learn." In a new
interview with Billboard , Fif addressed the
jab. "I had a wonderful journey with the
people I grew up with. I think the frustration
comes from shock, probably, that it's not
everything they wanted it to be," he said in
response to Yayo. "Him of all people... It's
not a secret, it's a known fact that he
actually came home from jail with a million
dollars and a Bentley. Like, 'What do you
want?'" "These guys are millionaires.
They've made millions of dollars," he
added. "Why do that then? Whenever
there's no one to blame, you know what
game you play, [for] a look. I don't know
what the goal was." 50 explained that he
actually hasn't been in touch with any G-
Unit members, which seems to signal that
it's over? "I don't believe in looking back,"
he said. "I can care less about things that's
happened in the past. I'm looking forward,
at prosperity." "I've learned: The same
person that tells you you're a piece of sh--
tells you they love you when the right song
comes out. 'My man, 50 back.' So you
can't be affected by 'I hate you' because it
won't allow for something good to come
in."
It's clear that his upcoming fifth solo
album, Animal Ambition : An Untamed
Desire To Win, is the current priority, and
ending his troubled relationship with
Interscope has given him more creative
control. "It's great. I choose everything:
what to release [and] when to release it,"
he revealed. "The fun part is that there
doesn't have to be a schedule. There's no
timeline. If I write a record and I want to
put it out, I'll put it out."

No comments:

Post a Comment