Monday 10 March 2014

Lil Boosie's Prison Release Date Was Kept Secret From Him


Over the past four years there have been
rumors and false reports about Lil Boosie
being released from prison , but when it
finally happened last Wednesday, the self-
proclaimed Bad Azz admits that he was
pretty surprised himself. "My lawyer, my
mama, they knew," Boosie told
XXLMag.com on Monday (March 10) in an
interview that took place hours before the
big press conference he's set to hold in
New Orleans.
According to Boosie, the Warden at Angola
State Penitentiary, where he was being
imprisoned, told him that he wasn't getting
out until Friday, but that was just a fake-
out he later learned. "I was like, 'OK.' I
went on ahead and went to sleep," Boosie
recalled. "I was mad, but they knew that
the whole time I was finna get out. So they
came and woke me up, 'Let's go.' " Lil
Boosie served four years of an eight-year
prison sentence for a drug conviction and
probation violation, and though he was
fully expecting to be released eventually, he
says he was still pretty nervous. "I thought
I was dreamin' at first. They surprised me,
got me good. I don't think they wanted the
media to pick up on it as fast as they did,"
he said. "I kinda got butterflies. I ain't got
butterflies since my first concert that I ever
did." When he finally was released, the
rapper says he was greeted by his mother,
brother, aunt, a couple of cousins and of
course his attorneys. "It was sweet, man. It
was sweet," he said with a slight smirk.

No comments:

Post a Comment