Tuesday 24 February 2015

'I get lots of filla' - Stacy Amoateng


Barely one month after TV presenter, Stacy
Amoateng started her Restoration show on TV3,
she has astonished herself with the kind of
revelations she gets on her programme week after
week.
Celebrities such as Nana Ama McBrown, Emelia
Brobbey, Helen Asante, Caroline Sampson, Hawa
Abu-Bakr have passed through the show and they
revealed secrets about themselves that sounded
shocking to Stacy.
The latest is Mzbel who has come under heavy
attack when she said on the show that she does
not believe the story of Jesus Christ.
“I am blown away by the kind of revelations I hear
on my show. It is amazing because I never walk on
set with questions in my hand but at the end of the
show, I have more filla than I ever expected” she
told Graphic Showbiz last week.
According to Stacy, she could not have chosen any
better title than Restoration to represent the brand
she wanted to project. She said God wanted her to
touch lives of many people that is why He gave her
the name Restoration to impact on people’s lives.
“When I told my husband two years ago when I
almost lost my life that God has spoken to me
about a show called Restoration, he thought I was
kidding.
“Until some of the prophesies manifested about
things I had seen about other people, my husband
who doubted me started believing me. I fasted and
prayed for several months about the show until a
great man of God revealed to me again that God
wants me to host a programme called Restoration
which would impact on other people”, she said.
ADVERTISEMENT
Stacy sees her Restoration show more of a ministry
than a just show. To her, the kind of information
that comes out during her show makes her believe
it is God who directs the show.
Citing an example of Nana Ama McBrown’s case,
Stacy explained that after she had said the Lord’s
Prayer with Nana Ama, the latter confessed she
had harboured anger against Praye Tietia who
failed to visit her at the hospital when McBrown had
an accident a couple of years ago.
Among all the interviews Stacy has had, the one
which blew her mind was that of Mzbel. “I couldn’t
just put myself together when Mzbel said she did
not believe in Jesus Christ and that the story was
made up. I wondered why she would say such a
thing in this modern world when a lot of people
believe in Jesus Christ”
Stacy’s aim of hosting Restoration which airs on
TV3 every Saturday from 6pm to 7pm is to help
people come out of their problems.
Stacy said receiving positive comments on her
show is enough reason for her to continue putting
in her best for her new show which is already
getting attention of Ghanaians in and outside the
country.

No comments:

Post a Comment