Monday 9 February 2015

I gave Becca a movie role because of her fame - Yvonne Nelson


Beautiful Ghanaian actress, film producer and
entrepreneur Yvonne Nelson says she used Becca
in her latest movie for her fame.
Yvonne made this revelation on Hitz Entertainment
News on Friday, February 6 when she was talking
about her new production “If tomorrow Never
Comes”.
When asked if Becca auditioned for the role or was
cast because of her fan base, Yvonne said “Becca
is a public figure, she is a musician, she has a huge
following as well and people love her, so why [not]?.
“And I’m very good when it comes to casting, so
before I shoot my movies, I take casting very
seriously because casting is everything. And I can
tell when someone can act.”
Regarding the scary issue of filmmakers casting
new faces in movies, Yvonne believes the industry
would rather grow when others are given the
opportunity to showcase their talents.
“At a point it was always the same faces in the
movies and people get sick and tired of it. I like to
discover and give people the opportunity to develop
and showcase their talent the same way I was also
discovered.
ADVERTISEMENT
We have to give the younger ones and new faces
the chance to spice things up a little bit,” she said.
She acknowledged that the new faces she cast in
her previous productions have gone ahead to do
amazing work.
“People I have cast ever since I started producing
movies are doing well, Kwaku Elliot and Bella for
example are doing well and I get happy when I see
them doing so well.”
The actress who has just finished her new
production says 85% of her cast are new faces
except for known faces like David Dontoh,
Khareema Aguiar, Bismark Odoi also known as
Bismark the Joke.
The movie according to Yvonne, “is a real life
touching story which was inspired by a little boy
who was born with a cerebral problem and can’t
walk, talk or do anything.”
A young boy with the condition was cast for the
production.

No comments:

Post a Comment