Thursday 26 February 2015

No opposition party should endorse 'Sikadieee Basabasa' else...Barima Sidney


Rescinding his decision to stop recording political
songs, Barima Sidney has cautioned opposition
political parties to refrain from calling him to
commend him for his song 'Sikadieee Basabasa'
which is meant to put government on its toes.
“I am not on the payroll of any political party, and
so I don’t want any opposition party to call me to
encourage or praise me for my decision and the
just released song, because should they attempt, I
will mention their names in the next song I will be
recording and state their ‘sneaky’ intentions,” he
said.
He added, “they are all the same, that’s why I am
forewarning them to back off with any attempt to
approach me in the name of endorsing my songs
else I will turn my bombarding lesson to them.
Ghana is just one; we need the betterment of the
country for our next generation’s sake.”
Sidney made these statements during a phone
interview with AmaLarbieAfrica adding, “yes, I said
I had quit recording political songs; but I have
decided to bounce back to ‘musically’ bombard the
President till he is ready to turn focus on the
appalling and horrible situations in the country as
they appear not to be ending anytime soon.”
Sidney said in analyzing the state the country finds
itself in recent times, President Mahama and his
administration has failed Ghanaians, “the situation
is so bad that the Ghanaian youth have no future;
not even the Agricultural, Education and Health
Ministries have any hope for the youth.”
“The government has lost its focus and I think he
(President Mahama) will do the country some good
if he overthrows himself out of office; he has no
excuse or explanation to give Ghanaians let alone
assess the performance of his cabinet from the
assembly member, ministers and to himself.
“President Mahama and his administration have
nothing to point at as the major cause or the reason
for poor performance rather, they are poised at
spending state funds while we have many
unattended challenges and problems,” the
‘Donkomi’ singer told AmaLarbieAfrica.
ADVERTISEMENT
Continuing, “In its mix, corruption cannot be
exempted as government and its officials cannot
even control the heightened corruption among
them, let alone manage the country well. They have
lost focus, and the leader of the country seems not
to have a clear priority.”
The ‘Money’ singer noted that the president needs
to outline his priorities to enable him know what on
the scale of preference is necessary at a particular
time;
“Ghana has the money to solve the existing
problem; a proof is the 7 billion dollar deal with the
Italian Energy Company, ENI and VITOL for the
development of oil and gas to provide over 1100
megawatts of power for the next 20 years starting
from 2017 which by then, Ghanaians would be
extremely used to the ‘dumsor’ and economy
crisis.”
“The government has given us every possible hint
that he is rather being smart at implementing
strategies that will enable him win the 2016
elections; unfortunately, Ghanaians have grown to
be used to such strategies.
“On my part, I will be bombarding him with easily
relatable songs and titles that will remain on the lips
of every Ghanaian like the ‘kpa-kpa-kpa’ and
‘tweaaaa’ terms every 2 weeks whether in ‘dumsor’
or not,” Barima Sidney declared.
On a lighter note, the ‘Scent no’ singer stated the
reason for featuring Countryman Songo on
‘Sikadieee basabasa’ produced by Dr. Ray Beatz;
"It is for the fact that the Asempa FM presenter is
fond of using the term ‘Sikadieeee’ to mete out his
anger at the Sports Ministry, and I felt the need to
generalize it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment