Friday 30 January 2015

I always wanted to be a footballer - McBrown reveals


Nana Ama McBrown, the Ghanaian screen princess
has revealed she had dreams of becoming a
football star when she was growing up in the
Ashanti regional capital, Kumasi.
Speaking on the Morning Starr on Starr 103.5FM,
Friday, in a revealing interview, McBrown said she
had interest in playing on the wings, but strangely
found herself in acting.
“I wanted to be a footballer when I was
young...position seven and eleven because I wanted
to run, I always wanted to be a star.
“From school, I took a certificate for table tennis for
my school, I was more into sports, volleyball,
netball, but I realised football was the ultimate, so
let’s stick to football, but my mum said: ‘You won’t
get money and you would be hard’...so after six
years in football, I felt that it won’t help.
“[Football] wasn’t lucrative because if I don’t get to
go play outside Ghana like a good footballer, I won’t
survive, so I decided to switch to so many things
and I landed on acting,” McBrown told host Kafui
Dey.

No comments:

Post a Comment