Thursday 22 January 2015

Why would I want to kill you? - George Darko responds to Lee Dodou


Veteran Highlifer George Darko in an exclusive
interview with Happy FM’s Showbiz Xtra has
responded to Lee Dodou’s claim that he wanted to
kill him.
The Odo Color hitmaker George Darko made it
known that if Lee Doudo felt his life was in danger,
he was supposed to head to the Police and lodge a
complaint instead of granting interviews on radio.
“I have not been feeling fine but I’m getting better.
Someone just called this afternoon to tell me that he
[Lee Dodou] was going about in Ghana saying I
wanted him dead. I just want to say there’s no truth
in whatsoever Lee is saying.
“I heard he said I hired people to kill him, and with
matters like that I trust it’s the police that has to
deal with it so why is he not going to them with
evidence of his claim rather than saying it on radio.
“When we did Akoo Te Brofo, he wasn’t part of the
band, the guy who was supposed to sing the vocals
was named Nkansah. When we got to the studio, he
was drunk and so whenever we began the song, he
will be singing something different. I didn’t even
know he Lee Dodou was in town but I was
prompted he was and so I went to bring him to sing
the song.
“When the song became a hit, he started claiming
the song. Meanwhile I had paid him to sing the
song. He was okay with the first project and even
came to sing for my next album.
“The song Masem Nie was inspired by Agya Koo
Nimo; I was in Ghana and met him and he told me
he was going to give me a song.
ADVERTISEMENT
Agya Koo Nimo told me "I am not in good terms
with the earth but I still eat in an earthenware" And
that was the whole theme of that song. Lee is
endowed with a voice but he has no knowledge of
the technicalities of music.
“It’s been like thirty-two years since we recorded
those tracks, why is he now so pumped up claiming
the songs.
“I guess he is aware I’m not feeling fine and he
assumes I might pass on so he is launching a
campaign to claim the songs."
The Prempremsiwa crooner also acknowledged the
current generation's effort to continue the legacies
they have instituted saying;
“I’m an old man now, I think about matured stuff.
The children including Shatta Wale and Kwabena
Kwabena are now doing great music now. And God
has gifted me with the ability not to envy people so
there's no way I will envy him or anyone".
He also mentioned there was no way he was going
to reconcile with Lee Dodou because he insulted the
memory of his Mother.
“I invited him to come to my mother’s funeral but
he hurled insults at me and my dead mother so
there’s no way I’m going to perform with him
again".

No comments:

Post a Comment