Thursday 29 January 2015

KKD goes to court with father, case adjourned to Feb. 5


Embattled broadcaster Kwasi Kyei Darkwah, KKD,
today returned to court in the case in which he is
being charged for rape.
Darkwah went to court today in the company of his
father. The broadcaster, whose accuser has
formally written to the Attorney General’s office to
discontinue the case, may have to brace himself for
a long trial.
At the magistrate court today, he was officially
served with a bill of indictment, court sources say.
The case was subsequently adjourned to February
5 after his lawyers asked for more time to study the
bill.
KKD has since apologised for the act that led to his
arrest but insists it was consensual. He was
arrested on the weekend of December 27, 2014, at
the African Regent Hotel, after his accuser had
lodged a complaint at the Airport Police Station.
ADVERTISEMENT
In a statement issued in Accra on January 13, 2015,
he asked the public to forgive him for the ridicule
and disgrace he had caused to his family and that
of the victim.
“I, Kwasi Kyei Darkwah wish to make this public
announcement that I truly and sincerely apologise
for the public ridicule and disgrace that has ensued
by reason of the fleeting pleasure of the flesh
involving Ewureffe Orleans Thompson and myself.
"I acknowledge I have sinned and have prayed to
my God for forgiveness for all that trauma I have
caused the young woman.
"I plead with all in the media to spare Ewureffe and
our respective families any further agonies.”

No comments:

Post a Comment