Thursday 22 January 2015

I never said I made $8000 with my nude picture - Deborah Vanessa


Model, TV Presenter and Singer Deborah Vanessa
Owusu, more commonly known in entertainment
circles as Sister Debbie, has revealed that she
never stated anywhere that she earned $8000 with
her nude picture as some media houses have
reported.
Speaking in an exclusive interview on Neat FM’s
“Entertainment Ghana”, Sister Debbie said whoever
will believe that story is either ignorant or is up to
some mischief.
“First of all, the story is a misquotation or
misinterpretation. That is not what I said because I
posted my artistic nude picture on Instagram not on
YouTube. YouTube and Instagram, they have
nothing to do with each other. They are two
different platforms and two different entities. So
how can I make money on YouTube with a picture I
posted on Instagram?”
She explained that she was asked on Starr FM if
she has made money on YouTube since she first
released “Uncle Obama” video, and she answered
that since 2012 when she released her first music
video on YouTube, she has made a total of about
$8000 with all her videos on her YouTube channel
which has nothing to do with her nude picture or
Instagram.
“So it doesn't mean that even with my YouTube
account, somebody from YouTube entered my room
to give me $8000 in an envelope. It wasn't a one off
thing, it took time. It accumulates over a long period
of time and that money is not just from Uncle
Obama video, it’s from all the videos I have
uploaded on my YouTube channel since 2012”.
ADVERTISEMENT
Asked if she has confronted Starr FM about the
story, Debbie said she was very disappointed when
she was told that the story originated from Starr
FM, the same station she granted the interview.
She said she contacted Kafui Dey on Twitter and
Kafui was equally shocked that such a story has
been published because he knows she didn't say
that. Sister Deborah said Kafui has even offered to
give the audio interview to anybody who wants to
know what she really said.
“I actually called the editor and I realized that the
editor is in the media but he is not too familiar with
YouTube, Instagram and whole social media thing
but I wasn't angry I just had to explain the basics to
them that posting a picture on Instagram, is not
connected in any way to the $8000 or my nude
picture”.
Debbie however, admitted that she intentionally
released the nude picture herself on her Instagram
page to increase the views for new “Borla” video on
YouTube because she realized her views on
YouTube was slowing down and indeed she
achieved her aim.
Deborah said she is a free minded person and she
can decide to do whatever she wants to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment