Thursday 15 January 2015

'I'M NOT DEPRESSED, I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT', JOYCE DZIDZOR MENSAH FUMES

The controversial former HIV/AIDS ambassador,
Joyce Dzidzor Mensah is disputing claims by her
lawyer that she is depressed.
Joyce shockingly announced a few weeks back that
she lied about her HIV/AIDS status for years,
claiming that she never tested positive for the
disease.
She has since been on different media platforms
defending her actions, even though she has
received widespread criticism by Ghanaians.
Her lawyer, Kojo Koranteng however said his client
should not be given the needed attention in public
space because she is suffering from trauma and
depression.
But speaking to Citi News, Dzidzor Mensah
vehemently denied the claims being made by her
lawyer.
According to her, his declaration will give the public
the impression that she was pressurized to make
the shocking announcement about her HIV status
“He said I shouldn’t be taken seriously. Whoever
doesn’t understand might even think that whatever I
said, I was under pressure or I was depressed and I
didn’t know what I was talking about,” she fumed.
“But that is not the issue. I know very well what I
was talking about,” she stressed.
The former HIV/AIDS ambassador who was
recently arrested for her earlier declaration pointed
out that “a patient that is going through depression,
it’s something that is very serious that needs to be
managed properly with even medication.”
“It’s now out that I’m depressed, I’m traumatized
and blah, blah, blah as if I don’t know what I’m
talking about. No, I totally disagree,” she added.
Dzidzor Mensah expressed surprise at her lawyer’s
assessment of her condition saying, “he is my
lawyer, we’ve been so good and nice but I am so,
so surprised with what he did.”
She thus urged the general public to disregard the
comments made by her lawyer and “whatever he is
also saying shouldn’t be taken seriously because I
know perfectly what I am talking about.”
Source: Citifmonline

No comments:

Post a Comment